Oily Monday: Lavender
The next amazing oil in your Premium Starter Kit is Lavender. I literally can't live without this oil. I buy 1-2 bottles every month because we use it that often. I don't have a clue how I ever lived without this oil. I guess I do? I was tired and restless without it ;)
What’s it used for?:
As Young Living describes:
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean, and calm. It’s this dynamic aroma that has made the flower a classic for perfumes, soaps, fresheners, and beauty products. As one of our most popular products, Lavender oil is a great beginner oil and a must for every home.
Lavender essential oil isn’t just a favorite because of its classic scent—it’s also highly versatile. From skin care products to relaxing routines, this oil can infuse many areas of your life.
You can find Young Living Lavender oil in blends such as Stress Away™, Harmony™, RutaVaLa™, Tranquil™, and Forgiveness™.
Lavender Essential Oil Uses: Treat yourself to this well-loved aroma by adding a few drops of oil to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products. Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salt and 4 drops oil and adding to a hot bath. Make a basic homemade body scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender essential oil. Unwind with a Lavender-infused neck or back massage. Use Lavender as part of your evening routine. Rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed or spritz your pillow with distilled water and Lavender mixed in a spray bottle. Create a DIY room freshener with Lavender or diffuse it to banish stale odors.
How I use it:
I have so many uses for this oil! Let me list the ways:
- Diffused during the night in all of our rooms for better sleep.
- Mix it with Peace and Calming in a glass bottle for "sleepy spray". We spray it on our pillows for a little extra help sleeping!
- Mix it with Cedarwood in a roller bottle to make "sleepy roller". We roll it on our feet, wrists, back of neck and temples to help make us sleepy for a better rest.
- Diffused during dinner time aka witching hour to keep us all calmer and more relaxed and also help us unwind for bed.
- Use a drop in my evening jojoba oil to put on my face to help reduce redness.
- Put a little on boo-boo's to help ease pain and help aid in healing.
- Rub a little on the bridge of our noses when we begin to get stuff to help open up our sinuses.
- Use it in my epsom salt for relaxing baths.
- Put it in homemade body scrub.
- Use it in handmade hand soap.
Why I love it:
The number one reason I love this oil is because of how safe it is. It's such a fabulous beginner oil to try and not feel those beginner jitters. It's safe for the whole family. I also just love its diversity and who many areas it can help. From wellness (both physical and emotional) to better skin to cleaner hands and so much more. It's an absolute must have.
The information contained on this website is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information represents what I, an Independent Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils, have chosen to do to take charge of my own personal health and that of my family. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or courses of treatment. Individual articles and information on other websites are based upon the opinions of the respective authors, who retain copyright as marked.